How To Contact Us:
Lieutenant Roxane Worley
Harney County Sheriff’s Office
485 N Court Ave
Burns, OR 97720
Security Release Procedures
Unless specified as full bail required, Oregon courts will accept ten percent (10%) of the bail amount as sufficient for release on both Court Ordered bail and Oregon warrants. Until determined by facsimile or teletype communication, out-of-state warrants should be considered as full-bail only. Collateral bail (stocks, bonds or real property) may only be posted with the involved court.
Security should be posted with the State Court whenever possible. Harney County Circuit Courts accepts bail during normal business hours. A bail receipt should be delivered to the Harney County Jail and a copy made for the arrestee’s custody file before release.
When the Harney County Circuit Court is closed or when accepting bail for an out-of-county court, the procedure below shall be followed:
- The security amount shall be confirmed and an appropriate court date will be selected or requested from the State court or agency;
- Request person’s government issued identification to verify their identity. Document the name of the person posting bail in JMS.
- The money will be accepted, counted and a receipt will be written and given to the person posting bail;
- Any cash posted that is $10,000 and over shall require a Report of Cash Payments Over $10,000 received in a Trade or Business IRS Form 8300. (Note: Per IRS Publication 1544, a cashier’s check, bank draft or money order with a face amount of more than $10,000 is not treated as cash for the purpose of submitting this form.) More information is provided in the link below.
- AIC will be issued a Release Agreement form, outlining the conditions of release.
- AIC shall recieve copies of the bail and release documents.
Accepted Form of Security:
Accepted forms of security posted at the Harney County Jail are cash, U.S. Postal Money Order, cashier’s check or official check from a bank, bank debit card, check from a local attorney’s office or money on their AIC account. All other forms of payment, including, personal checks, third-party checks, and traveler’s checks, shall not be accepted. All acceptable forms of payment will be made out to the Harney County Inmate Trust.
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.