Harney County Big Horn Sheep
Photo Courtesy of Debbie Raney
How to Contact Us…
Angela Lamborn, Executive Director
17 S. Alder Ave
Mailing Address: P. O. Box 728
Burns, OR 97720
Phone: (541) 573-6024
FAX: (541) 573-6025
Sue Weathers, Administrative Assistant/Fiscal Officer
Christi Leavitt, Housing Programs/Property Manager
Lisa Moody,Transportation Manager
Darlene Needham,Transportation Dispatcher/Office Asst.
Howard Weathers, Weatherization Manager
Coming Soon, Nutrition Program Manager
Leanne Starbuck, Senior Services Program Manager
Donate to the Senior Center using the Paypal button below.
Harney Hub Transit
Harney Hub Transit is operational with door to door service Monday – Friday 7am to 7pm and 8am-3pm on Sunday. The deviated fixed route is operational from 7am-7pm Monday – Friday and 8am – 12pm and 1pm-5pm on Saturday. Drivers have brochures with the route, times and other details of the public transportation program.
Harney County transportation shall be a coordinated effort to provide a safe, affordable, reliable, accessible, flexible, efficient transportation service to all riders, thus, creating a dependable public transportation system in Harney County.
Harney Hub Transit is a demand response and deviated fixed route service that provides transportation to people of all ages. We share many of our signed bus stops with the Burns Paiute Tribe Transportation Service which also runs a deviated fixed route system.The Harney Hub Transit hours are from 7:00am To 7:00pm Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 12:00pm and 1pm to 5pm on Saturday, and 8:00am to 3:00pm on Sunday. The Service is a countywide service prioritizing demand responsive trips within a 10 mile radius of Burns Hines. This service also travels to Bend, OR once a week to provide trips for medical services, to Redmond, OR to the airport and other services as needed. The scheduled trip to Bend is free of charge.
What does it cost?
- 0-10 mi. $1.00 per stop is required.
- 11-20 mi. $5.00 one way upon availability
- 21-35 mi. $10.00 one way upon availability
- 36+ mi. $20.00 plus $.505 per each additional mile one way upon availability
SCHEDULED BEND TRIP:
- Scheduled trip to Bend is not free of charge. Must schedule your trip.
SPECIAL TRIP upon Availability:
- John Day $55.36 Round Trip
- Bend or Ontario $115.96 Round Trip
Extra Rider on Brokered Trip:
- John Day $25
- Bend or Ontario $35
See links below for documents related to public transportation programs in Harney County conducted through the Harney Hub including fare information and Rider Guide:
- TITLE VI PLAN 2021_2023
- Harney County Coordinated Transportation Plan_Volume 1_Final
- Harney Hub Transit Brocure
- COMMENT AND COMPLAINT FORM Word Format
- COMMENT AND COMPLAINT FORM PDF Format
- Riders Guide
- Harney County Special Transportation/Statewide Transportation Improvement Fund Advisory Committee Bylaws
- Deviated Route Policy
- Reasonable Modification Policy Statement
- STF_STIF Committee Roster 2022
- STF Meeting Agenda
- STF Minutes