Harney County Big Horn Sheep
Photo Courtesy of Debbie Raney
How to Contact Us…
Angela Lamborn, Executive Director
17 S. Alder Ave
Mailing Address: P. O. Box 728
Burns, OR 97720
Phone: (541) 573-6024
FAX: (541) 573-6025
Sue Weathers, Administrative Assistant/Fiscal Officer
Christi Leavitt, Housing Programs/Property Manager
Lisa Moody,Transportation Manager
Darlene Needham,Transportation Dispatcher/Office Asst.
Howard Weathers, Weatherization Manager
Coming Soon, Nutrition Program Manager
Leanne Starbuck, Senior Services Program Manager
Donate to the Senior Center using the Paypal button below.
*Harney Hub provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Harney Hub Services Center
The Harney County Food Pantry is open Wednesdays 10am to 1pm to serve the community with needed foods to supplement your pantry.
Harney Hub Transit is operational with door to door service Monday – Friday 7am to 5:30pm and 8am-3pm on Sunday. The deviated fixed route is operational from 7am-7pm Monday – Friday and 8am – 12pm and 1pm to 5pm on Saturday. Drivers have brochures with the route, times and other details of the public transportation program.
Transient services are available by contacting Harney County Sheriff Office dispatch at 541-573-6028 after hours.
Thai Chi is held Tuesday and Thursday 9:30-10:15
Bingo is on Thursday’s @ 2:30pm. Everyone is welcome to these events as long as social distancing can be maintained.
If you have any signs of illness such as fever, runny nose, cough or sore throat please reschedule and stay home. If you are visibly ill, we will ask you to reschedule.
Grab & Go Meals
The Harney Hub is excited to introduce the community to Senior Center Meals 2.0. We have taken the time to speak with our peers and to thoughtfully put together a plan that will keep our community and our staff at a safe social distance while providing a tasty, nutritious meal. Our new look includes meals on site and home delivered meals too.
Meals days are Tuesday and Thursday excluding holidays. Meals include the main dish, sides and dessert and are served ready to eat. Tuesdays a large or small salad of the day, roll and dessert is available for additional purchase ($6 and $10). Thursday’s a large container of soup (cold) and rolls are also available to purchase for additional meals through the weekend purchase ($6) for additional meals. We are asking a $4 donation for those 60+, those 59- will be required to pay $5 for each meal ordered.
- On Monday and Wednesday call the kitchen directly at 541-413-2280, between 8-12, to order your meal. Give them your name and the approximate time you will arrive to pick your meal up the following day (between 11:30-1:00). If you are unable to reach the kitchen call 541-573-6024 and leave the above information in a message and the office personnel will get it to the kitchen staff. We will make a very limited number of extra meals that will be available on first come first served basis to last minute diners.
- On Tuesday and Thursday arrive behind the building off of Birch/Rail Road Ave at the time you provided to pick up your meal from kitchen staff. There will be a donation/payment box set up outside near the corner of the building for your privacy and convenience. If you are under 60 staff will take your payment at the time they give you your meal. No need to get out of your car, staff will bring the meal to your vehicle for you.
- We will be delivering the same meals to our home delivered meal consumers. If you are not currently on the program and are over 60 and/or disabled and would like to be screened for home delivered meal service please call 541-573-6024 and leave a message including your phone number and a staff member will call you back to assess your eligibility for the program. Delivered meals will be counted and at the end of the month you will receive a letter requesting the suggested donation. This letter is not a bill and consumers pay only what they can afford.
- If you are interested in volunteering to deliver meals, please call us to discuss options. We are in desperate need of volunteers for our Home Delivered Meal program.
As a community partner, we provide services to seniors, disabled, low- income individuals and veterans, to improve the quality of their lives; enhancing their independence and self- sufficiency.
- Services and Programs
- Veterans Affairs
- Harney Hub Transit
- TITLE VI PLAN 2021_2023
- SHIBA (Senior Health Insurance Benefits Assistance)
- Aging & Disability Resources of Oregon, 855-673-2372
- Housing Assistance
- Complaint Forms
- Harney Hub Board of Directors