Harney County Courthouse

What’s Inside…

How To Contact Us:

Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., closed from 12-1 p.m.

Phone:  (541) 573-6641

Fax: (541) 573-8370

E-mail: derrin.robinson@harneycountyor.gov

Location: 450 N Buena Vista

Harney County Clerk
450 N Buena Vista #14
Burns, OR 97720

Derrin “Dag” Robinson, County Clerk/Recorder    
450 N. Buena Vista #14
Burns, OR 97720
Phone: 541-573-6641
FAX: 541-573-8370

Tammera Attleberger
Deputy County Clerk
Accounts Payable/Records/Elections

Marriage Licenses

To obtain a marriage license, each applicant must be at least 18 years old (or 17 years old with parent or legal guardian’s consent). There is a three-day waiting period before a license may be used. The waiting period can be waived under certain circumstances. The license is valid for 60 days after the effective date. The license is valid only in Oregon. No blood tests are required. No witnesses are required to receive the license. Two witnesses are necessary at the wedding ceremony.

How to Apply

Follow this link to complete your online marriage license application.

Applications are also available at the Harney County Clerk’s Office.  Both parties must apply in person at the Harney County Clerk’s Office at 450 N Buena Vista, Burns, OR.  Monday through Friday, 8:30 to 11:00 am, and from 1:00 to 4:00 pm.

When to Apply

Apply at least three days, but not more than 60 days, prior to the ceremony date. Upon receipt of the license in the office of the County Clerk, a three-day waiting period will begin with the license being valid for 60 days thereafter. The waiting period can be waived under certain circumstances. Contact the Clerk’s Office for additional information.

Cost of a License

A $50 license fee is due when the license is submitted to the Clerk’s Office.  We accept cash, check, and credit card payments. There is a minimal service fee for credit card payments. Checks should be made payable to Harney County Clerk.

Certified Copy of Marriage License

The Oregon Department of Motor Vehicles and the Social Security Administration require a certified copy of your marriage record to make a name change. A Certified Copy of your record of Marriage can be obtained from our office after the wedding. The First copy is provided to you free of charge, additional copies are $3.75. When requesting the license, please indicate the date of the wedding, the name of the bride and groom and the address where the license should be mailed. Please make the request two weeks after the date of the wedding to make sure the document has been recorded.

Domestic Partnership: Forms and instructions may be found at http://oregon.gov/DHS/ph/chs/index.shtml.

Translate »
Skip to content