Harney County Big Horn Sheep
Photo Courtesy of Debbie Raney
How to Contact Us…
Angela Lamborn, Executive Director
17 S. Alder Ave
Mailing Address: P. O. Box 728
Burns, OR 97720
Phone: (541) 573-6024
FAX: (541) 573-6025
Sue Weathers, Administrative Assistant/Fiscal Officer
Christi Leavitt, Housing Programs/Property Manager
Lisa Moody,Transportation Manager
Darlene Needham,Transportation Dispatcher/Office Asst.
Howard Weathers, Weatherization Manager
Coming Soon, Nutrition Program Manager
Leanne Starbuck, Senior Services Program Manager
Donate to the Senior Center using the Paypal button below.
SHIBA-Senior Health Insurance Benefits Assistance
The Senior Health Insurance Benefits Assistance program uses trained volunteers to help people with Medicare make health insurance decisions.
This free program saves Medicare beneficiaries money by making sure they receive all possible benefits and don’t pay too much out of their own pockets.
SHIBA is funded by a federal grant from the Administration for Community Living.
These free services are available to people with Medicare, their family members, caregivers and advocates.
Do You Know:
- How to get Medicare?
- The Important deadlines to buy additional insurance or prescription drug coverage?
- What happens if you continue to work after you are eligible for Medicare?
SHIBA volunteers can help you:
- Select a Medicare prescription drug plan
- Find out if you are receiving all possible benefits
- Compare supplemental health insurance policies
- Evaluate your need for long-term care insurance
- Read bills
- File an appeal or insurance complaint
Volunteers are at the Harney County Senior & Community Services Center every Tuesday from 9:00-1:00. Call 541-573-6024 for appointments. During Medicare open enrollment October 15- December 7 annually SHIBA volunteers are available from 9:00am-12:00pm Tuesday and Thursday. Appointments during open enrollment are available and suggested.